Pages

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Walk With Christ


Tonight's Service was spectacular. I don't think I've ever been disappointed by any Sermons I've attended. I've gone to many Churches in the past, trying to find the right Family. Though I believe I have founded that special place. First Presbyterian Church. The Youth Leaders, and Pastors are such awesome people. I feel like I can walk my Walk with Him a lot easier and steadier.

My journey with God began in August of this past year. My Mom, younger brother and I were all down in Kentucky for a small getaway. While we were there, my Nana got really sick. We had gotten a call a few days before we left warning us about her current condition. She'd been sick for a while, though this time it was bad. I mean really bad. I won't go into the details, as you probably wouldn't like me anymore. Though it was just bad. Knowing something was terribly wrong with her, my Mom rushed my Nana to the hospital. We were away on a retreat, just my Mom, brother, Nana and I and had to call quits as my Nana was terribly sick. We got in the car and drove three hours straight back to Louisville. Once back in Louisville, my Mom told Abe and I that Nana needed medical treatment and care straight away. We were told to stay at the Hotel in the room doing whatever, while she took her Mom to the hospital. 

Fast forward a bit, I was talking on the phone with my Mom and she said that Nana had just been diagnosed with Bowel Cancer, and that it had been developing for quite a while. Not only that, but we were also told that she had only a few days, or weeks, or months of life left. That's when my heart opened up. Instead of turning to depression, I turned to God and began praying and writing poems for my Nana. Knowing that this was a dire situation, in which I needed counseling, comfort and love. However, there was no one I could talk openly to, except for God. So that's when I really asked Him to come into my heart. Since that day onwards, I've been talking with him on a regular basis. Knowing He's watching over me steadily. 
So what I'd like to share with you is that First Pres. has welcomed me with love, compassion, and most of all sharing. I feel like from the get go, I am part of their family. Even if I only know a few people right now, I know I can build more relationships with others as my God brings them into my life. 
Before I wrap up here - I've had a hectic weekend - I'd like to thank all of you that have walked this path with me to now. The doors that have been closed and opened for me are gifts and even more opportunities. So thank you and God bless you all. 
Thank for welcoming me to your family. I am really looking forward to learning even more about God. 
Thank you so much for loving me for who I am, and accepting my differences, and flaws. All of which I adore in you. ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment