Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Behind the Words: Nana's Song

Before I share with you my poem, I have to give you the background on why I wrote it.


Since the end of August, my Nana has been terribly sick with bowel cancer. So everyday she lived was a gift from God. Though it she was in so much pain. It was a relief when she finally passed. We all grieved over the loss from this world. Mary Dillon, my Mom's Mother passed peacefully in her sleep Sunday morning at 11:01 am (EST). Through love, God took his child. Revived her of all her pain. Washed her clean of her sins. And has given her a new beginning. May she rest in peace. Nana you are terribly missed, but we all know it was your time.

So anyways a few days before my Nana died, I had started composing yet another poem. Since I was going through a sad time in life, I decided to make this poem through my Nana's perspective. Yesterday, (Wednesday November 3, 2010) my Mom's friend and I went up to share my poem with everyone at the funeral service.

Let's pray,

Heavenly Father
Mary has lived a long wonderful life
On Sunday October 31, 201
She passed from this life to an eternal life with You
She had been in so much pain before
Now she is pain free and in Your hands
Wash away her sins
Help her find her parents, grand parents, her sister, and most importantly Grandpa
Thank you for sharing Your daughter with all of us
Rest in peace Nana
In Your Sons Name
Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment