Pages

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Veteren's Day

Veteren's Day. A time to remember those who risked their lives to make America a better place. And our world. Ever since I can remember, and I am only a high schooler, but my school has always had the day off for Veteren's Day.

As the day draws near, and as I mature, my thoughts on Veteren's Day has become a happy one. Though, people do die fighting in wars, and it's very sad to watch families loose loved ones. There's something I want to tell you, loss is a hard thing to swallow. And if you weren't affected by it, something is wrong with you. But, always remember that God has a plan for you. And had a plan for them. They wouldn't give their lives, to make yours better, to be mean. They did it because of their love for you. Also, God speaks to us through that, whenever he claims a life from this world. He is taking someone from their pain, and washing them clean of their sins, and granting them a second chance. Would you want a loved one to suffer after a gun wound, always be in pain, and live throughout their days in a hospital, never able to see the outside? No. So know God is speaking to you when he takes a brave man who risked his/her life.

A few years ago, my Grandpa passed from a lung problem. He wasn't out on the battlefield with gun in hand and clothed in uniform for World War II, he still had done something significant though. He did however help those who did clothe themselves in uniform, and held a gun in their hands, fight in the war, back here in the States. I am blessed, knowing that my Grandpa had helped change America.

I know so many people, who have lost loved ones in war. Though Veteren's Day was originally a celebration for those returning home after World War I, I believe that over the decades since, that the meaning has changed drastically. Through my eyes, I see Veteren's Day as a day to remember those who have died serving our Country. And those who still are right now. Rest In Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment